Michigan Volunteer Fire Assistance
Application Due Date: 06/15/2011
Program Objective(s): To assist fire departments in acquiring fire fighting equipment for local communities.
Eligibility: Fire departments in rural communities with populations of 10,000 or less and that have publicly-owned forested land within protection area.
- 1.Local fire department makes application to Division’s Management Unit Office. Applications are mailed to fire departments during the application period.
- 2. Management Unit prioritizes applications within unit and forwards to Division.
- 3. Division office prioritizes applications Statewide and awards grants.
- 4. Fire department purchases equipment and sends documentation to Division.
- 5. Division pays 50 percent of the cost, up to allocation amount.
Deadline(s): Applications by June 15 of each year; project completion by August 1 of the following year.
Timeline(s): Grantees are notified of a grant award by November 15
Dollar Amount(s) Available: No minimum or maximum amount.
Source(s) of Funds: U.S. Department of Agriculture – Forest Service.
Contact(s): Forest, Mineral and Fire Management Division, Jack Schultz 517-373-1218 email@example.com.