Eligible applicants for the program are Agricultural Producers and Rural Small Businesses.
An estimated $50 million in Budget Authority is available in FY2017 to fund:
- Grants for Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Guaranteed Loans for Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Grants to contact Energy Audits & Renewable Energy Development Assistance
Rural Small Business Projects must be located in a rural area with populations of 50,000 or less. The Agricultural Producer Projects can be located in rural or non-rural areas.
Application Deadlines for the year are as follows:
- January 31, 2017 REAP Energy Audit & Renewable Energy Development Assistance Grants
- March 31, 2017 Grants of $20,000 or Less AND Grants Greater than $20,000 (unrestricted)
- Guaranteed Loans are on a continuous application cycle and compete monthly