The Great Lakes Fishery Trust (GLFT) is now accepting grant proposals under its Access to the Great Lakes Fishery funding category. Proposals must be submitted by 5:00 PM Tuesday, August 23, 2016.
The GLFT’s Access to the Great Lakes Fishery grant category focuses on significantly increasing access to the Great Lakes fishery for shore-based angling and tribal commercial fishing. Up to $500,000 is available for access projects in 2016.
The GLFT supports its access goals through a combination of competitive and funder-directed grantmaking. Supported activities may include:
- Construction of new access sites
- Upgrades and renovations to existing access sites
- Engineering and feasibility studies for proposed access sites
- Land acquisition to support subsequent access site development
- Communication and outreach efforts regarding existing shore-based angling opportunities