All city, township, and village governments in Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, and Missaukee, and Wexford Counties are eligible to apply. The application can be for cash and/or technical assistance.
On behalf of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s Northwest Lower Michigan Collaborative Development Council (CDC), the NWMCOG is accepting applications in the form of clear and concise proposals of no more than 2 pages. Proposals must contain all of the following:
- Purpose Statement. Summarize the purpose of the project.
- Background and Need. What has led you to apply for this grant? What is the need for this activity?
- Project Goals and Activities. In a brief statement, please identify the project goals. What do you hope to achieve? What activities will be completed to meet the community’s needs?
- Participant Information. Describe your community’s capacity and leadership to complete the project including any groups that will provide assistance.
- Project Area. Please provide a brief description and/or map.
- Project Commitment. The proposal must include a commitment to provide either cash or in-kind match within one month of project start-up.
- Innovation. Does your program/project incorporate a new approach, technique or methodology?
- Community impact. What will be different in the community if your project is successful? How will the outcomes of the project impact economic development?
The application review committee will evaluate all applications received. The success of an application will be determined by its completeness and clarity of purpose, the likelihood of project success, and the level of commitment offered by participants. Successful applicants will be notified by no later than August 23, 2013. Grant applications must be received no later than 4 p.m. on August 2, 2013