- 2nd Cycle
- Application Deadline – march 31, 2013
- Notification Date – May 1, 2013
by Heather Brady
The Community Grants category includes yearly grants for Community projects.
The companyGIVES Community Grant Program provides funding for projects that contribute to the success of local communities with the objective of making them better places to live and work. Grants are given to one-time projects that have the potential to provide visible, long-term, sustainable benefits for community members.
Applicants must be charitable or non-profit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation. Faith-based non-profit organizations may qualify, provided their proposed project is for the benefit of the community as a whole rather than just the members of their congregation or organization.
Projects must be initiated by the non-profit organization and contribute to Dow’s global community success and local quality of life impact in at least one of the following areas:
|Science – Enhancing understanding of the roles of chemicals and plastics in the chemical industry or having the potential to increase interest in careers and opportunities linked to chemistry, engineering, technology and other sciences|
|Community Success – Promotes job creation, meets community defined needs, provides permanent improvement to the social infrastructure of a disadvantaged or underprivileged section of the community or provides funding for materials or tools which will be widely available within a community or will offer long-term benefit to the community|
|Sustainability and Innovation – Enhances or protects the natural environment or raises awareness among a broad public audience of environmental issues and relationship to social and economic consideration|
Projects should also align to local Community Success goals. To meet Dow’s goals for Community Success, requests for funding should also show how a proposed project will impact community residents and include details about how the community will learn of Dow’s involvement.
A selection committee will review grant applications and choose grant recipients.
- Applicants should request only the amount needed to fund the project
- Funding cannot be used for operating expenses, personal computers, travel expenses, dues, advertising, fund raising events, giveaways or prizes, individual scholarships, dues and memberships or lobbying expenses
- If additional funding is required to complete the project, the funding sources must be secured and confirmed prior to applying for a Dow Community Grant
- Application should not exceed 4 pages in length, including the project description and itemized budget.
- Applications must be signed by the organization’s Executive Director or equivalent
What kinds of projects do not apply?
- Those submitted by for-profit businesses, religious organizations for the sole benefit of the organization, individual sports teams, political organizations or candidates, labor unions, homeowners’ associations or individuals
Contact us for more information!