Local Government Lighting Upgrade Grants, Deadline May 26

Advanced Lighting Technology Demonstration Grants Proposal Solicitation

Agency: Bureau of Energy Systems

Minimum Award: $30,000

Maximum Award: $100,000

Match: The grant covers 90% of equipment costs with the grantee responsible for the remaining 10% of equipment costs plus all labor, training and associated costs. The grantee is also responsible for promoting/educating the public about the project and the benefits of advanced lighting technology

Inquiries Due: May 19, 2011

Applications Due: May 26, 2011

Grand Period: 8/01/11-6/30/12

Summary: This announcement seeks to obtain proposals from Michigan cities, villages, townships and counties to implement indoor and/or outdoor lighting projects that utilize the following technologies: Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), also known as Solid State Lighting; induction lighting; and plasma lighting — also known as High Efficiency Plasma Lighting (HEP). There is approximately $1 million available to fund an estimated 15-20 grants ranging from $30,000 to $100,000. The funding comes from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Energy Efficiency & Conservation Block Grant program. Proposals are due by 3 p.m. on May 26, 2011. BES estimates that grants will start on August 1, 2011, and run through June 30, 2012. A pre-proposal webinar is tentatively scheduled for May 18, 2011; check the website for webinar details. More details are available from the RFP.

Contact us for more information!

Advertisements
Local Government Lighting Upgrade Grants, Deadline May 26

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s