The Community-Oriented Connectivity Broadband Grant Program (Community Connect Grant Program) is designed to provide financial assistance to furnish broadband service in rural, economically-challenged communities where such service does not currently exist.
Grant funds may be utilized to:
- deploy broadband transmission service to critical community facilities, rural residents, and rural businesses,
- construct, acquire, or expand a community center, and
- equip and operate a community center that provides free access to broadband services to community residents for at least two years.
Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to entities serving communities of up to 20,000 inhabitants to ensure rural consumers enjoy the same quality and range of telecommunications service as are available in urban and suburban communities.
Funding Opportunity Number: RDRUS-CC-2011
Current Closing Date for Applications: May 03, 2011
Archive Date: Jun 03, 2011
Funding Instrument Type: Grant
Category of Funding Activity: Community Development
Expected Number of Awards: 300
Estimated Total Program Funding: $25,000,000
Award Ceiling: $1,500,000
Award Floor: $50,000
CFDA Number(s): 10.863 — Community Connect Grant Program
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: Yes
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses
Contact us for more information!